Health and Safety – Site Safe member Committed to a safe work environment
As part of our commitment to health & safety, we have systems and processes for carrying out our installations safely.
We are a Site Safe member and we continuously look to improve our H&S processes. We will take all practical steps to ensure the Health & Safety of ourselves, our customers and the public.
We understand the risks with the type of work we do and have controls in place for these common hazards and risks. We take the approach that often we are repeating the same tasks hence we have good process around managing this. We go through how the work will be carried out so that everyone is onboard and understands the risks involved.
Each customer site and installation is unique so we assess each job and put the relevant rigor around it. We acknowledge that the PCBU (Principal/Main contractor/ Customer) also has responsibilities and we work in with everyone to achieve a good outcome.
Cablecom is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace,to ensure
that our employees and others are not injured. Our goal is to eliminate all
injuries, accidents, and incidents.
Before commencing work we perform a pre start meeting to cover off:
Task analysis, risk assessment, discuss site hazards,
emergency evacuation plan, site-specific procedures.
Experienced Installers & Technicians.
- Staff involved in identifying, assessing and controlling workplace hazards and risks.
- A Task Analysis/Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is filled in to capture activities.
- We have an Incident reporting system & maintain an Incident and Injury Register.
- Sitesafe toolbox type talks are performed before commencing work.
- Risk Assessment carried out. Self Safety and site Inspection Checklist.
- SSSP completed (Site Specific Safety plan) relevant to work activity.
- Trained staff are used to perform relevant tasks, PPE used as required.
- Training & site inductions performed, hazard registers used.
- Material safety data sheets are in place for hazardous materials.
- Emergency response plan and procedures are covered off.
- Equipment & tools are maintained.
Talk to us about your site requirements.
Cablecom is proudly New Zealand owned and operated. With expertise in our industry.
Call to discuss site requirements, our experienced team can discuss how best to install.
Phone: 09 262 1722, Email: email@example.com